PayPal GUEST Checkout for 'Buy Now' button shows no indication of the product being purchased...

Thos-iTB
New Community Member

Hi, all ==

This is my first post here.  I intend to sell one-of-a-kind individual products on my fledgling website.  So far, my understanding is as follows:

1. I create a 'Buy Now' button for each product.  I don't use the actual button.  I use my own custom TEXT button and paste in the 'Email' URL from the "Add button to your web page" page.  

2. My customer clicks the text link and is transported to the PayPal 'Buy Now' payment portal.

3. From there, most customers will choose 'Pay as a Guest,' then enter credit card and delivery info.  

The PROBLEM

The payment portal shows no product image and no text description for the product being purchased.  That will lead to problems.  I made inquiry at the PayPal Merchant Technical Support website and received an incomplete response saying, "You CAN assign an image and text description to the purchase interface."  But that person did not explain HOW TO DO IT and I see no method in the 'Buy Now' button options.  I wrote back asking for clarification, but have received no reply for nearly a week now...

PayPal Tech Support is not answering phone calls (hmmm) so can you, my fellow PayPal users help me?
Thanks,
Tom

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Thos-iTB
New Community Member

Moderator ==

Please remove my post, the initial post for this thread.  I've been 'thrashing about' and have resolved most of my confusion on the topic.

Again, please delete my initial post.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Thos-iTB
New Community Member

Moderator ==

Please remove my post, the initial post for this thread.  I've been 'thrashing about' and have resolved most of my confusion on the topic.

Again, please delete my initial post.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.