PayPal Error: Things don't appear to be working at the moment

Aumguitars
Contributor
Contributor

HI, I'm getting this error message "Things don't appear to be working at the moment" having just added a Paypal button to my website. I've upgraded to a professional account but still no luck. I looked this error up online again and it seems that encryption might be the issue. I am getting instructions to go the the 'settings' cog on my Paypal page. Confusingly, there is no settings cog. Any ideas what do I do now?  Thanks..

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Nexus_Software
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

This error can occur if Encrypted Website Payments set to ON. Setting it to OFF may resolve the issue.  The cog reference is based on an older interface which was replaced with your account username.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Renuka3
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi  @Aumguitars 

Welcome to community.

I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page for further assistance.

Renuka.

Login to Me Too

Aumguitars
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I'll give that a go.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Nexus_Software
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

This error can occur if Encrypted Website Payments set to ON. Setting it to OFF may resolve the issue.  The cog reference is based on an older interface which was replaced with your account username.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.