PayPal Checkout Error - ZenCart Shopping Cart

konmanos
Contributor
Contributor

We have been using the PayPal Express Checkout module on our ZenCart Shopping cart for years. Only till today we noticed that payments were failing to come thorugh and customers - were contacting us. The error they receive when performing the checkout at the ZenCart - is as follows: 

An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. () - (28) Operation timed out after 10002 milliseconds with 0 out of 0 bytes received

Contacted PayPal - who suggested that we re-initialise the APIs - which we did - and it made no difference

Any assistance - would be greatly appreciated. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MTS_Ciaran

Can you post the API calls being sent. 

The issue could be related to a blocked IP address on your fireway, can you please try ping the PayPal API endpoints from the server to see if you can connect outside of the cart environment. 

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

I'm actually getting reports of this today from users of our PayPal for WooCommerce plugin, except they're reporting it with PayPal Advanced.  Not sure if it's related, but when I saw this I figured I'd include this info.  Trying to run some general troubleshooting steps with them now.  Thing is, they're saying it's not happening with all transactions, and they aren't using a firewall on their server to block IPs.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

konmanos
Contributor
Contributor

I have since raising this issue - have had the issue resolved. I have made no changes to my website - both ZenCart and WooCommerce platforms at all. The only changes I made - which I am positive would not have made a difference, is re-initialise the API's signatures etc for PayPal. The old ones were running since 2010, and without any issues at all. However PayPal suggested that I try and re-initialise and this may resolve. 

Upon re-initialising and making the changes to WooCommerce and ZenCart - PayPal - modules - it continued to do the same. Some hours later - it was all resolved, without me making any changes. I had placed a call with the PayPal MTS team, and they tested it for me, and reported back that they could not see the issue at all. Since then it has been working. 

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
I haven't seen it any more since that day either. Must have been a hiccup.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.