PayPal Checkout Browser issue with IE 11 and Safari

vodler
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

It just came to our attention that our clients are not able to checkout using PayPal on the following browser:

- IE 11

- Safari 12.1

- Mobile Safari (iPhone 11 Pro)

Video showing the issue: <removed>

At 0:10 sec, it shows the form for a split of a millisecond and then disappears.

It should show the following credit card form or login:

PayPal.png

The Checkout page loads and the login or credit card form on the right displays briefly and then disappears which prevents any further action. On second attempt it actually works which means it's related to some CSS/JS that do not pre-load well on first load and once cached, it works ok. It seems that their is a new animation which show the login/credit card step and perhaps it is new and it does not work well on some browser.

To reproduce:

- Clear your cache

- Navigate here: https://wombat-awareness-organisation-sa-inc.giveeasy.org/world-wombat-giving-day-2020

- Enter an amount ($5), dummy First Name, Last Name, Email

- Click Donate with PayPal

- PayPal window opens

Many web browsers are affected.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

JamesCE

There's a script error on the page that prevents the "slideIn" animation from playing:

Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 10.13.39 am.png

When URL https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=ADi&dispatch=51&rapidsState=AdaptivePayment_... loads, an in-page script moves the login form -560px to the left. A setTimeout function is supposed to "animate" this back, but apparently Paypal has done no QA or testing so it just throws an exception.

Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 10.06.17 am.png

This happens on the latest build of Chrome [Version&nbs[Removed. Phone #s not permitted](Official Build)] and it's not just limited to IE or Safari.

Login to Me Too

vodler
Contributor
Contributor

Our team confirmed that it is a PayPal issue.

The fact that some browsers or computers are affected but not others, it could also be that some resources files are cached on some CDN etc... who knows if the bug has been fixed but the changes are not propagated properly. 

The “login part” has a negative margin, but the animation part doesn’t seem to be sliding it out.

d1522653-9cde-45b4-b9b6-cc34e14d7405.png

3ee88a72-f90f-4e9b-a307-6dff52a203b3.png15880c60-8e5e-4448-bf9b-c22d20e25abd.png

We've been in contact with PayPal support but it is not going anywhere.

Any help to bring this up to the right team/department would be appreciated!

Login to Me Too

vodler
Contributor
Contributor

An easier way to reproduce the problem:

- Use Chrome or your web browser in Incognito Mode.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.