PayPal 'Buy Now' button isn't giving non-PayPal visitors the option to pay by other means

SKEEZE
Contributor
Contributor

HI,

I have a merchant account with PayPal and have a custom PayPal button on my mobile page. The first day I installed it, I saw the option to pay using PayPal and below that it also had the option to pay by Debt or Credit Card. I ran a promotion, got a few sales, but tested my page again to be sure and this option for non-PayPal users is not displaying. This is after me trying to use Shopify, and that not working on some phone (popping up a new window and hanging on about:blank indefinitely). I'll keep using PayPal but of course that depends on allowing non-PayPal users the option of paying by other means. Especially Venmo if that's possible. You can see my page on a smart-phone at <removed>  I welcome anyone to act as if they want to pay with Venmo or a credit card not through a PayPal accont and share their experience and phone model. Hopefully it is just a matter of a missing merchant ID or something in the code that let's me use the better 'pro' style version of checkout since I'm a merchant. The option to use a custom button image is very important to me becuase I need to let people know that they can pay with Venmo. Too many may abandon if they have to guess to click just a PayPal logo/button, login. and then dyamically see that as a payment option (which I believe is not working in my case). Thanks for any help!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.