Pay Pal guest checkout in shopify not accepting CC / DC payments

essentialhome
Contributor
Contributor

hello there, 

i have updated my paypal on business set-up to accept payment using all payment methods on paypal. and when i refresh my shopify, it accepts the payment using Debit/credit card for guest checkout. but after a while when i check back my shopify, it again falls back to the customer asking to create account instead of debit/credit card for checkout for guest. when checking the paypal dashboard of my business set-up, it has automatically canged to accept paypal as another way to receive payment. how can i resolve this? i have even raised a case on the same in the paypal support. please help. since my only payment method is paypal. Thank you 

Inkedscreencapture-paypal-activation-businessSetup-2020-05-04-12_28_58_LI.jpg

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Hi @essentialhome,

Thank you for contacting PayPal community.

Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Unfortunately, Guest payment checkout(i.e payment via credit/debit) is not applicable for all users. It's important to remember that guest checkout is not guaranteed for every transaction. PayPal runs a risk check to determine eligibility for guest checkout. There will be times when guest checkout is not available.

This is intended behavior of the product. Customer/buyer need to create PayPal account to process the payment.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.