Pay Now form reloads page if autofill is used in Firefox browser

NetGreen
Contributor
Contributor

Our nonprofit has a couple of donation forms with PayPal "Pay Now" or "Donate" buttons on our website that take the donor to a PayPal payment form.  If they choose to pay as a "Guest" user (not logging in to a PayPal account) and pay using a debit or credit card, they get to a page where they enter their card and contact info.  All good so far ...

But if they use the "autofill" function in their browser to fill in their contact info, the page reloads as soon as they click on an autofill option.  All their credit card information is gone and they have to start over again.  I have seen this happen recently with the latest Firefox browser (v. 94.0) on multiple PCs.  It did not happen previously that I am aware of, so something has changed.

I opened a ticket with PayPal Merchant Technical Support; after they investigated it, their response was:

"Please understand that Paypal doesn't build this auto-fill feature, and it comes from the browser.
In this case, PayPal doesn't have the capacity to make any changes on the browser and we couldn't solve this issue on our end."

Has anyone else seen this happen, and have you found any remedy for this (other than manually entering all the contact information)?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Iris

Hello @NetGreen,

Welcome to PayPal Community! I understand that you may be having issues with a browser not populating the autofill option as it should. I know this can be concerning. Does this error occur with every browser used? If not, you may want to note on your site which browser you'll receive more of a success when checking out. Unfortunately, we cannot make changes to a feature we do not have access to. 

I hope this helps. 

Iris
If you find this post helpful, feel free to provide kudos or accept a post as a solution to help make our community better.
Login to Me Too

NetGreen
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response, Iris.  As I mentioned in my post, we're using the latest Firefox browser (v. 93.0 - I had incorrectly posted it as v. 94.0).  The PayPal form seems to auto-fill correctly, but then the whole page reloads right afterwards.  I don't use any other browser so I don't know if it happens on with auto-fill on other browsers as well.  I'm checking with the Firefox forums as well.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.