Old style PayPal buttons....can't change shipping prices anymore?

Kkelly59
Contributor
Contributor

I realize I've been left in the 20th century with my technology knowledge, but probabaly only 15 years ago or so I did a major upgrade to my website and implimented some css with the new XHTML and I thought I was rocking.  I used all of the old Paypal buttons that I had created (and I mean the OLD ones, the forms that have numerous lines of input values.  It still works really great, and I have about 140 pages with PayPal shopping cart buttons on them that work great. (I received 5 orders just in the past 24 hours).

I really need to increase my shipping prices.  Obviously, gone are the days when you can log into your business PayPal account and make a few changes to shipping settings or even create a simple forms shopping cart button.  Every time I've needed a new one I just copy one of my old ones and make adjustments. 

I have a life to live and a mom and pop business to run.  I don't have time to learn all the javascript they have switched over to.  How can I make changes to my shipping costs?  I cannot afford to hire a professional to upgrade my website.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kkelly59 

The interface has changed a lot. If you have a business account, click Tools in the top menu and navigate to All Tools. On next page, click through the categories on the left to look for the Shipping Calculator. Click the heart icon to add Shipping Calculator module to the Tools menu. Repeat to add other modules to the Tools menu for easy access to the modules you use most.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kkelly59 

The interface has changed a lot. If you have a business account, click Tools in the top menu and navigate to All Tools. On next page, click through the categories on the left to look for the Shipping Calculator. Click the heart icon to add Shipping Calculator module to the Tools menu. Repeat to add other modules to the Tools menu for easy access to the modules you use most.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Kkelly59
Contributor
Contributor

well jfc....how did I miss that!  I swear I clicked everywhere!  thank you so much!

Login to Me Too

ss1111
Contributor
Contributor

"If you have a business account" ?SAY WHAT? As a hobbyist/crafter, I opened a PERSONAL acct in 2000 and have always had the ability to update shipping rates for my website PAYPAL CART/CHECKOUT, (As well as use the other Seller Tools )..  But with the "improved" (cough) changes to Paypal, that TOOL HAS BEEN TAKEN AWAY from Personal accounts?  I can still create buttons and do MULTI ORDER SHIPPING, etc , BUT CAN NO LONGER access the SHIPPING RATES Table that I set up for my website "Paypal Checkout" in January 2000.  I've been a loyal member/customer for 19 years and "somebody did something" and had an idea to remove necessary functions I have always had available for my website, and determine that they are now only for Business accounts!  That is like downgrading (penalizing) long term loyal customers to a lower ranking and stripping them of access to their right to  charge proper shipping rates.  So I can still keep my website 'alive and selling', sending funds to Paypal, but suddenly in order to update the shipping charges I am FORCED to change over to a business account?    Just saying.... 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.