NodeJS / React API - How to ask Paypal to Add Tax and Shipping Charges

PeanutsCloset
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all. I am fairly new to web development and I apologize if this doesn't make sense. There are so many Paypal API's and Node packages out there that I am getting really confused. I know that if I want Paypal to add the tax and shipping charges, I need a Paypal Standard account. I cannot use Paypal Express. That's fine.

I also know that I can go into my Standard account to configure Tax rates for states, zip codes, countries, etc. The same can be said for Shipping. I can set that up as well.

But what do I need to send to a Paypal API to tell Paypal to add taxes and shipping to the amount submitted if applicable.

For example, one of the packages I am looking at using is https://www.npmjs.com/package/react-paypal-button-v2#small_blue_diamond-options-prop-fieldnames-or-p... 

However, I am not dead set on using this package. I have not picked one yet. I am building a website with Node, React, Express, and MongoDB. Any help would be appreciated. Some sample code would be great!

Thanks

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.