Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NodeJS / React API - How to ask Paypal to Add Tax and Shipping Charges

Options
PeanutsCloset
Contributor
Posted on

Hello all. I am fairly new to web development and I apologize if this doesn't make sense. There are so many Paypal API's and Node packages out there that I am getting really confused. I know that if I want Paypal to add the tax and shipping charges, I need a Paypal Standard account. I cannot use Paypal Express. That's fine.

I also know that I can go into my Standard account to configure Tax rates for states, zip codes, countries, etc. The same can be said for Shipping. I can set that up as well.

But what do I need to send to a Paypal API to tell Paypal to add taxes and shipping to the amount submitted if applicable.

For example, one of the packages I am looking at using is https://www.npmjs.com/package/react-paypal-button-v2#small_blue_diamond-options-prop-fieldnames-or-p... 

However, I am not dead set on using this package. I have not picked one yet. I am building a website with Node, React, Express, and MongoDB. Any help would be appreciated. Some sample code would be great!

Thanks

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.