Newbie question regarding Payment Notification details

SteveGaskin
Contributor
Contributor

I'm just setting up to sell limited products on my website using the Payment Cart.  I have three key questions:

1. When I send an order status to the customer the Transaction I.D in their email doesn't match the I.D in my PayPal Transaction!

2. On the buyers' notification there is a Receipt Number; but there is no Transaction I.D; is there a way of including the Transaction I.D in order to be able to cross reference?

3. I there a way of receiving SMS notifications when a purchase is made; it would appear that the only method is email?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Andre

Hi SteveGaskin, I will reply your questions below:

1) The transactions ID are different as one is from the buyer side and the other is from seller side, your side. This is because the buyer need to see a transaction ID that "moved" an amount while you will see a transaction ID that "received" an amount.

2) The email notification from PayPal, on the buyer side, will include a transaction ID. IF it is an email notification from your eCommerce then it will follow other logics. You can eventually double check with Customer Service.

3) For this options I would suggest as well contacting PayPal Customer Service as I believe there should be something for that but not 100% sure. Customer Service can help on this point.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

MTS_Andre

Hi SteveGaskin, I will reply your questions below:

1) The transactions ID are different as one is from the buyer side and the other is from seller side, your side. This is because the buyer need to see a transaction ID that "moved" an amount while you will see a transaction ID that "received" an amount.

2) The email notification from PayPal, on the buyer side, will include a transaction ID. IF it is an email notification from your eCommerce then it will follow other logics. You can eventually double check with Customer Service.

3) For this options I would suggest as well contacting PayPal Customer Service as I believe there should be something for that but not 100% sure. Customer Service can help on this point.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.