Memo section from the Transaction ID details page

Chris-CR7
Contributor
Contributor

On the "Transaction ID" page from the business paypal account known as "Transaction details" page where all the details about the transaction ID appear there is a "Memo" section (it's the last one at the bottom of the transaction details) - What is the purpose of this "Memo"? I am asking this as one of my transactions (payed on my website) has some information here that is from the woocommerce product page (from the "Description" tab) and it seems it even grabbed some html code and displays it there, so what is this memo? should it grab info from the product page or should it be reserved as a note/memo from the buyer - what is it's purpose?

Screenshot_4.png

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Ed_Very
New Community Member

Hi Chris, did you find out anything about this? I have the same problem with it filling with random stuff in Woocommerce. 

Login to Me Too

Chris-CR7
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately no, and the reply from @MTS_Chiranjeevi  doesn't help so much... smh

Login to Me Too

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Good day @Chris-CR7 / @Ed_Very,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

Memo : A note associated with the payment. I would suggest to please contact the support of WooCommerce to cross check your internal website API request calls and make sure your system is passing valid note/memo value to PayPal system. 

Please refer guide link - https://developer.paypal.com/api/nvp-soap/set-express-checkout-nvp/#link-paymentdetailstypefields

PAYMENTREQUEST_n_NOTETEXT

(Optional) Note to the merchant. You can specify up to 10 payments, where n is a digit between 0 and 9, inclusive.

Character length and limitations: 255 single-byte characters.

NOTETOBUYER

(Optional) A note from the merchant to the buyer that will be displayed in the PayPal checkout window.

NotePayPal system is a payment gateway, which will receive the payment request payload (i.e Payment and Item details, Shipping details, Invoice number, Amount details etc.) from merchant websites(built via third party platforms WooCommerce) and process the payments accordingly.

Merchants should handle their internal website code and pass the appropriate payment API calls to PayPal system.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.