Major Paypal Standard Vs Express TECH Issues With Recurring Payments

Yswo
Contributor
Contributor

We have a membership website with recurring payments and were using standard and switched to express via Restrict Content Pro. This has caused serious tech issues which we did not realize as the switch caused users who signed up on the "wrong" method to have issues with their sync  - would not be a big deal but its hundreds of users- I can give a lot more details but curious as I am working with IT experts and there does nto seem to be a lot of standard options to fix this - if anyone knows about these issues, if there is anyone to contact at Paypal or any other info i can use to strategize with my developer on this major problem. 

Thanks in advance

PS Restrict content Pros message to us below

Yes unfortunately switching back to Standard will cause problems with your new subscriptions that have been created with Express. Sadly there isn't an easy way out of this. I would choose to stick with whichever gateway has the most subscriptions associated with it. So if you have more signups with Express, then use Express. If you have more with Standard, then use Standard. But people with subscriptions in the gateway you didn't choose will not have their memberships updated automatically in RCP. Those will either have to be manually updated, or you'll have to cancel the subscriptions and ask users to sign up again with the new gateway.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.