Magento 1 support after June 30th

a_seipel
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal has recently issued an announcement about the End of Life of Magento 1. From what I understand, PayPal payments will still be possible after that date. What are the chances that the PayPal integration will no longer be working after that date?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Chiranjeevi_L

Hi @a_seipel,

Thank you for contacting PayPal community.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

What happens if I continue using Magento 1 after June 30, 2020?

A: Your integration will be out of compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS). The global PCI DSS standards require each entity to “develop and maintain secure systems and applications by installing applicable vendor-supplied security patches.” Because Magento is no longer providing security patches, your integration may become vulnerable to attacks, with possible damage to your brand and reputation, as well as potential financial impact.

I request to please refer the detailed guide link and contact the support of Magento for more details regarding the announcement.

Thank you for understanding and patience.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal, Inc.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

BigBison
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, @Chiranjeevi_L 

From what I understand from your answer here is that Magento 1.x platforms will be out of compliance with PCI DDS standards, but PayPal payments will continue to work with Magento 1.x platforms after the June 30, 2020 end of life deadline from Magento. Can you answer this specifically and directly?  

This is a very important answer for us to determine as our company is currently working on a transition from Magento 1.x to Magento 2.x; however, as all these Magento users will ascribe, it is a long and arduous process to complete successfully and our company will not have this process fully completed by June 30, 2020.

So, this has created a panic, of course, and has us scrambling to think of alternative payment solutions on our 1.x platform should we be completely cut off by PayPal on July 1, 2020. I do hope this is not the case.

Best Regards,

Justin

Login to Me Too

CerealFutdog
New Community Member

Why shouldn't the intregation not work anymore?

My understanding is that the paypal extension for Magento only redirects the customer to the paypal page where the customer logs into their paypal account. Once the transaction is done by the customer on the paypal platform, 

Paypal is sending to the shop the information (CustomerID and successfull) if the order was properly paid by the customer. 

Will the  end point change? The way how the API is working to Paypal?

What is the acutal change?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.