Magento 1.9 migration

eaz5
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the process of migrating my magento website from 1.9.3.2 to magento 2 however I am no sure that it will be completed before the June 30th date. Will it still be physically possible to continue to take PayPal express payments through my website for a short period until the migration to magento 2 is complete?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Hi @eaz5,

Thank you for contacting PayPal community.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

What happens if I continue using Magento 1 after June 30, 2020?

A: Your integration will be out of compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS). The global PCI DSS standards require each entity to “develop and maintain secure systems and applications by installing applicable vendor-supplied security patches.” Because Magento is no longer providing security patches, your integration may become vulnerable to attacks, with possible damage to your brand and reputation, as well as potential financial impact.

I request to please refer the detailed guide link and contact the support of Magento for more details regarding the announcement.

Thank you for understanding and patience.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal, Inc.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

g1tech
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Chiranjeevi the link to the guide didn't work.

Also, just to confirm, if we don't complete the migration to the new platform by June 30, our M1 website and Paypal will continue to work, just with the vulnerabilities, correct?

Login to Me Too

BigBison
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, @MTS_Chiranjeevi 

From what I understand from your answer here is that Magento 1.x platforms will be out of compliance with PCI standards, but PayPal payments will continue to work with Magento 1.x platforms after the June 30, 2020 end of life deadline from Magento. Can you answer this specifically and directly?  

This is a very important answer for us to determine as our company is currently working on a transition from Magento 1.x to Magento 2.x; however, as all these Magento users will ascribe, it is a long and arduous process to complete successfully and our company will not have this process fully completed by June 30, 2020.

So, this has created a panic, of course, and has us scrambling to think of alternative payment solutions on our 1.x platform should we be completely cut off by PayPal on July 1, 2020. I do hope this is not the case.

Best Regards,

Justin

Login to Me Too

BigBison
Contributor
Contributor

We, too, are very interested in having this question answered clearly and directly by PayPal. Our company is also in the process of migrating our Magento 1.x platform to Magento 2.x.  However, this is a long a complicated process to transfer platforms, and we will not have the process completed by June 30, 2020.  We are interested in knowing if our PayPal Payments will stop working properly on our Magento 1.x platform after the June 30th deadline?  This will cause major payment disruptions for our company.   While we understand the importance of compliance policies, we have many checks & balances in place to keep our Magento 1.x site secure with malware detection & scanning, and IP blocking for nefarious zones.

I do hope that PayPal is not planning to "cut off" payments for all merchants still utilizing the Magento 1.x platform after June 30th while we continue to work as efficiently and quickly as possible to make a successful transition to Magento 2.x by the end of the summer months.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.