Item quantity in PP Standard cart increasing by itself.

Lakshmana
Contributor
Contributor

Hi There,

Since yesterday (27/11/2106) I've had 3 customers wanting to purchase a single item and the cart is automatically increasing the quantity of that item.

I had to refund 2 customers because of this and another saw it in time so I took her order over the phone.

The other two said they couldnt see the quantity or total during checkout so they were unaware of what was going on till after they had paid.

This has never happened before and the buttons have been in place for some years without changing them.

It happened on 3 different items, and the customers were on different devices, Mac laptop, iphone 5 and I think the other was a tablet.

I did go into the cart myself to check it out on my Samsung Galaxy S3 and i actually saw the quantity changing by itself!
Also where you can see the order details did look a bit messed up so could see why people could have problems and not see what was in the cart.

The new PP standard cart is looking great but perhaps some small bugs?

Any advice or forwarding this on to get resolved appreciated!

Anthony

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

MTS_Ciaran

Post a link to where we can test this please. I'm assuming you are using the PayPal WPS shopping cart right?

Login to Me Too

Lakshmana
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ciaran,

Yes right, using the PayPal WPS shopping cart.

Heres a link to my site.

http://www.windchimesaustralia.com.au/japanese-wind-chimes.php

I experimented a bit more and could get it to always add +1 to the last item in cart.

Steps:

Add any item to the cart.

Then go to checkout.
Then from checkout click back button to return to cart, then it automatically adds +1 to the quantity of the last item in the cart.

Im not sure if this is what happened to my customers but its a possibility that they go backwards and forwards a bit before committing to buy. (Cant stop people using the back button sometimes.)

Also youll see on mobile phone that in the cart in the order summary at the top it can be a bit messed up. Overlay the reveals cart contents is semi transparent after opening and closing it.

--

Also I noticed that in the checkout there is no longer an option to leave a 'Note for seller', or giftwrapping option.
I have note to seller and  giftwrap selected in my account options and at the moment the giftwrap cost is set to $0.00 and this always worked till now.

I tested this on Windows PC, latest Firefox and also Samsung Galaxy S3 phone.

Thanks for checking,

Anthony

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

ok, I was able to reproduce the item quantity incrementing so will get a bug opened on this and let you know once resolved. 

For the giftwrapping. This feature was deprecated during the migration to the new checkout flow as there was such low adoption for the feature. I would recommend using a checkbox to set a line item for this as an alternative instead, or you can pass the giftwrap choice in the "custom" variable as well. 

Likewise for the "note" field, however you can use the OS/ON variables to pass the custom data over instead. 

Login to Me Too

Lakshmana
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for lodging the bug Ciaran.

Ah ok, wish Paypal had mentioned about the deprecation to PP standard users..
Perhaps they only mention it on developer docs, but I suppose at least the note to seller affects many people as its highly useful and many customers used, at least in my case.

Can you please point me in the right direction for documents on how to -->

"For giftwrapping, use a checkbox to set a line item for this as an alternative instead, or you can pass the giftwrap choice in the "custom" variable as well. 

Likewise for the "note" field, however you can use the OS/ON variables to pass the custom data."

Thanks alot for this!

P.s. Is there a place to read about what all the changes to the WPS checkout are? (incase theres something else I dont know about).

Login to Me Too

Lakshmana
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to add the optional 'giftwrapping' and 'note to seller' during checkout and not on product pages with each individual button?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Theres no way to have it on the PayPal cart page I'm afraid. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.