Issue with Merchant Account Support Help

KR991
Contributor
Contributor

We are running into problems when conducting payment tests with PayPal. They are able to process an order successfully, but the dealer does not see the transaction in their merchant account and we receive the following error when invoicing: Original Trans ID not found and field format error 10412. Need some guidance on what to do next.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Good day @KR991,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

10412   : DoExpressCheckoutPayment,  DoReferenceTransaction,  DoUATPExpressCheckoutPayment, SetExpressCheckout.

SHORTDuplicate invoice.
LONGPayment has already been made for this InvoiceID.
Note:

PayPal checks that InvoiceID values are unique for any particular merchant. If you send an InvoiceID value that is already associated with another transaction in the PayPal system, PayPal returns this error code. Inform the customer and redirect him or her to restart the Express Checkout flow. However, you might not be able to correct this error during an actual checkout. In this case, modify your implementation of Express Checkout to ensure that you generate unique invoice ID numbers.

This error can also occur if you make a second DoExpressCheckoutPayment API call for the same payment.

Please refer the detailed guide link - https://www.paypal.com/mq/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-avoid-duplicate-transactions-ts1097 

PayPal Payments Pro returns API error code 10412 if it detects a duplicate invoice number. For a complete list of API error codes, and details regarding the 10412 error, see API error codes.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.