Integrate card reader with paypal buttons

cxxxv1
Contributor
Contributor

I have the Paypal button showing up fine on my website. What my client requests is a card reader that will fill data to the PP screen when swiping a card.

All I can find is the Zettle->Bluetooth solution. Is there a way to use a card reader to fill in the data directly as described above.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cxxxv1 

Those are two different payment tools/self contained methods for checkout. Can’t and does not combine. 

For buttons, the customer uses shopping cart on website, logs into their PayPal account, selects payment method, selects shipping address and finalizes payment.

For Zettle, the shop inventory is entered into the Zettle app so orders are created there and the card is swiped in-person and processed on the store’s mobile device.

Transactions from both methods do appear in the PayPal account.

What can be a problem is Zettle does not automatically collect buyer name with card swipe, etc, see this thread. Those would have to be entered separately on the customer list page in the app.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Good day @cxxxv1,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

would suggest to please contact our PayPal Customer service via link - https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us (then choose at the bottom one of the contact methods - email or phone) who should be able to help you regarding the request.

They will be able to assist you further as they are specially trained to address this type of account inquiry.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.