Inconsistent behavior of Paypal evolution IPN

Redtaag
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all,

I have implemented a Paypal evolution integration for a customer.

As of last friday, we are experiencing a inconsistent behavior of the IPN. Some of the order are not sending any IPN back to our platform but when we go into the Paypal acocunt, we see the transcations being approved and processed.

This a real issue because because end customer get their money away but the platform is not delivering the goods.

Help....

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

MTS_Ciaran

Hey, can you PM me over a couple of transaction ID's and I can check their status on our side.... you can check them within the PayPal account as well on your side:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/ipn/integration-guide/IPNOperations/

Login to Me Too

Redtaag
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

please find here below a sample of orders that went well and orders where IPN didn't go through.

Following 2 orders didn't sent an IPN to our platform :

image002.pngimage003.png

Following 2 orders went well :

image004.pngimage005.png

Login to Me Too

Redtaag
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Some more information about the problem.

I did a crosscheck between the transaction logs and the IPN logs.

All the IPN failure are just not appearing in Paypal IPN logs. NO TRACE.

All failure in IPN process are related to transaction done via a credit card. All transactions paid with a Paypal account got their IPN properly sent.

The behavior is not always the same. For exemple, all IPn went through for the last 2 hours. What ever the payment type is.

Can you help?

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

If the IPN's are not in the IPN history log I would suspect that they are not being sent at all. Can you PM me with some sample transaction ID's and I can check whats happening

Login to Me Too

Redtaag
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I tried to sent you a PM with the transactions ID but it seems your account doesn't have priveta message enabled.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

sorry, enabled now. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.