Inactive account charge

DribblyBob
Contributor
Contributor
I've just received an email saying I'm being charged for an inactive account, though it's not inactive, I'm using it. The confusion stems from a dot in my email, when registering my email was first name then dot and my last name/digits at gmail But google removed the dots on many emails so its effectively the same original account but paypal have it as 2 separate accounts. The email I received was to the email without the dot so surely they can see it's the same account. Google states dots dont matter in email address and that's why some if not all were removed, it's only after gmail it matters. Come on paypal for goodness sake you can see it's one account and not 2, you even sent the notification to the email without the dot !!!!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Staninator
New Community Member

How did you fix this issue? I believe someone set up a paypal account using the same email as mine, but without the dot in between my first and last names, and now I have an email to the non-dot version saying that it will be charged, when I have my own account that I use regularly.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Staninator 

Thank you for writing in the PayPal Help Community and welcome! I completely understand your concern here! There are some email providers that does not ignore dots in the addresses ad most emails cannot tell the difference between email with and without dots, due to which you may be receiving the notifications for a similar email address. I would suggest you to check with the email provider to look into this further. 

Regards,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.