IPN sending multiple duplicates and showing as failed, even though everything is working.

maximus57sd
Contributor
Contributor

My recent transactions have been sending multiple IPN notifications and showing as failed in PayPal. Everything is working fine on my end, my server is replying with a blank HTTP 200 to every message, the same as always. Is PayPal having an issue? Nothing has changed on my end.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

maximus57sd
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted support, and after a few weeks of not getting anywhere (they just kept saying my server wasn't working), I finally got this reply:

"Thank you for contacting PayPal Global Technical Support

Unfortunately, the problem you're experiencing may be caused by technical issues with the PayPal system. I am going to assign this ticket to our internal engineering ticket so that when the problem is resolved, you will be notified of its completion right away. Our engineers will work diligently on a solution to this problem.

This ticket will remain in an "On Hold - Internal" status until you're contacted about the resolution.

I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!"

At least they FINALLY admitted there is a fault on their end. I spent many hours of troubleshooting and trying different things, even to the point of decoding the SSL packets to prove my server was responding correctly. Now I just have to wait for them to actually fix it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.