Contributor

So I have following recent trasnsactions 

10/02/2023, 9:31 AM ROW 1

09/02/2023, 9:47 PM Row 2

09/02/2023, 4:00 PM Row 3

3C938132H14852923Failed1R984229X4953684A
20W53307DM4997515Failed03829200WA095664T
7AE56826VL128705YFailed37796349RM666874Y

When you check the url mentioned in IPN settings that url is different then where these trasnsations are trying to go.

The url to notify the system is not being used and instead an old url placed at start of ipn setup is being used. The request we are sending over to you is also not overriding the url and I have checked there is no other way this url is being known to system. Can you check why this is happening and why IPN url has not been tried on these transactions correctly.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Good day @WestCoastBouncy,

Thank you for contacting PayPal community.

This should be an issue with the "notify_url" parameter which is passed in your website payment request API call to PayPal system. 

I request to please contact your website developer or the support of the third party platform eCommerce to cross check your website payment API request call and make sure your passing New_IPN_URL as "notify_url"

Once this is done, PayPal system will send the IPN response to your New_IPN_URL

(Or)

You can avoid/stop pass the "notify_url" parameter in website payment API request call and updated the New_IPN_URL in your PayPal account settings

Please refer the guide link : https://developer.paypal.com/api/nvp-soap/ipn/IPNSetup/#link-dynamicallysettingthenotificationurl  

If your still facing any issues, please create a MTS ticket via - https://www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US  with the detail information and error details.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

lookalot
New Community Member

Hello

I'm seeing the same thing. My IPN history shows my notifications are been delivered to two different addresses... the failing one is an old address that I think was configured before the IPN UI changed. 

Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 09.52.27.png

My IPN configuration:

Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 09.54.54.png

Some transactions still try to be delivered to the old configured IPN address that I no longer use.

Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 09.55.41.png

Some transactions get delivered to the correct updated address.

Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 09.55.29.png

Something else to note, these are recurring subscription payments so there is no notify_url parameter that is passed from my website. 

Login to Me Too

MTS_Chiranjeevi

@lookalot,

Please create a MTS ticket via - https://www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US  with the detail information and error details.

Login to Me Too

WestCoastBouncy
Contributor
Contributor

I have checked and we are not passing any other url so its not been overwritten at our end. Infact the request being sent is not using "notify_url" at all. Can you please check from the requests I have mentioned if anything else is causing this. This is been going on for weeks now and not updating at all.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.