IPN not passing item_name, item_number variables since the last 24 hours

itadmin
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have been using paypal buttons on my website and using IPN to receive and process the notification. This has been working for years and since last 24 hours the IPN message is not passing values for item_name and item_number. We have not changed any code and all of a sudden are seeing this behavior.

Can some one please validate on the paypal side, if anything changed on IPN messages for paypal standard buttons.

Thanks

IT Admin

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Alex-OS
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem here!
Login to Me Too

Trailforks
Contributor
Contributor

We also starting having this problem starting April 30th, 2019. Transactions from the last 3 days are missing the custom, name item# fields. The custom data is still in the "memo" field, but normally it's in both.

This has been working for years for us, and just broke this week, we didn't change anything on our end. We use the Javascript PayPal button like

<script async="async" src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/js/external/paypal-button.min.js?merchant=***"
data-button="donate"
data-name="***"
data-quantity="1"
data-amount-editable="***"
data-currency="***"
data-callback="***"
data-return="***"
data-item_number="***"
data-custom="userid=***"
data-size="large"
></script>

Not only are the fields like name & custom not being populated but the callback URL is also not being called so we aren't getting any IPN message to track the donations! 

Login to Me Too

juicy_gift_card
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here, since April 30th ... payments are getting orphaned from users because of it.

Login to Me Too

pnig57
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. Has anyone found  a resolution?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.