I can't see "Guest Checkout" option. Please help.

shasini92
Contributor
Contributor

Can someone please help me, I'm trying to turn on the "guest account optional" on but I don't see that option listed under "Website payment preferences". I have a business account and don't know what the problem is. Please help. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

shasini92
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you kindly for your response. Unfortunately, when I go into settings and check website preferences, I don’t see the guest checkout option. Maybe that’s just in my interface or something, but I will trust your word that it’s enabled. Still, I don’t see it on my web story, hosted by Shopify by the way. I spoke to them and they said that PayPal as a payment method is enabled but they cannot do anything about the guest checkout since it’s done on the PayPal side. Is there any way you could help me with this problem or point me in the right direction so I can talk to someone who can help me? Thank you one more time.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

1. Login to PayPal.com.
2. Click into your Profile & Settings.
3. Click My Selling Tools on the left side of the screen.
4. Click the update link next to Website Preferences on the right.

5.  Scroll down until you see this, and set it accordingly:

paypal-account-optional.jpg

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

shasini92
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your response. The problem is that I don’t have that option at all, and I do have a business account and it’s verified. I simply don’t have that option available. I spoke to customer support and they said they fixed it but it still isn’t there and it isn’t on my site. Thank you one more time.
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Try clearing your browser cache / cookies and see if that helps. If PayPal had to make a change on their end you could need to do that in order to see the effect.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Andre

Correct as said by Angelleye. Checked and the option is enabled in your account. Try now. Guest payment with card will be shown where available.

Login to Me Too
Solved

shasini92
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you kindly for your response. Unfortunately, when I go into settings and check website preferences, I don’t see the guest checkout option. Maybe that’s just in my interface or something, but I will trust your word that it’s enabled. Still, I don’t see it on my web story, hosted by Shopify by the way. I spoke to them and they said that PayPal as a payment method is enabled but they cannot do anything about the guest checkout since it’s done on the PayPal side. Is there any way you could help me with this problem or point me in the right direction so I can talk to someone who can help me? Thank you one more time.
Login to Me Too

MTS_Andre

The option in the PayPal profile is not visible anymore as it is enabled for each account, unless required not to be.

I checked your account and it is enabled, then consider that for the standard products like HTML standard buttons and ExpressCheckout the guest checkout option is offered only where available.

If you want to show this option for each checkout then you need a solution designed for that like PayPal PRO (but only available in Uk, Us and Canada) or check with Braintree, a PayPal company, if they have a solution for your country that accept card payments.

Login to Me Too

sgrujic
Contributor
Contributor

i have the same problem..

am using paypal to shopify..

when someone wants to buy something,he have only paypal option to pay..

guest payment is ON...but still , only way to pay is by making paypal account..

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
It sounds to me like it could be something about Shopify's integration, but it's tough to say without getting into the details of it. That's one of the many reasons I prefer platforms I have control of (ie. WordPress/WooCommerce).

Login to Me Too

PGC64
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We have the same issue (we aren't on shopify). In our website preferences settings, we have selected ON for 'paypal account optional' however the 'checkout as guest' option still does not appear on our website. This is very frustrating as it is delaying the launch of our website. Does anybody have any success from being able to talk to paypal about this directly?

Many thanks,

Amy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.