How to remove "pending" from the customer's purchase?

Meaxis
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I am currently trying to make a PayPal system where my users can buy an item for 1€.
My current setup is: On client side, the customer uses a smart button. Once the payment is completed, it heads to a checkout page with the payment ID as a get parameter. The server is in charge of checking if the payment exists and deliver the product if the product exists.

The problem is: The payment shows "Pending" under each payment in the Sandbox. I read that I had to confirm the payment.

I use the V2 Checkout PHP SDK on server side.

How to fix that?

Thanks in advance,
Meaxis

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Meaxis
Contributor
Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Hi @Meaxis,

Thank you for contacting PayPal community.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

The transaction shows a status of "pending", as the payment cannot complete if sent to an email address which is not registered to a sandbox account. In these instances, if the email address exists (this is more relevant to live) an email will be sent to that address to advise the account holder they've received money.

I request to please cross check your sandbox email address and configure valid/correct sandbox email address.

Also, please follow the below steps via your sandbox business account to toggle "block payment"settings.

Login to PayPal.com >> Account settings >> go to "Payment preference" >> Block payments >> toggle settings.

Thank you for understanding and patience.

Sincerely,
Chiranjeevi

PayPal, Inc.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Meaxis
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

It seems like I have to mark each product as "Sent" in the Sandbox account.
However, I am selling a digital item that automatically gets delivered on purchase. 

Is there a way to automate the acknowledgment and acceptance of payments through an API?

Thanks in advance,
Meaxis

Login to Me Too
Solved

Meaxis
Contributor
Contributor

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/integration/direct/payments/authorize-and-capture-payments/#captur...
I have found this that sounds like it resolves my problem about "how to capture". 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.