Did you mean: 

How to receive credit card payment from abroad

Options
Go to solution
reapnleap
Contributor
Posted on

Hi,

I am preparing for a client from abroad. The client does not want to create a paypal account, and can pay by credit card. How can the client's CC information be used to make a payment for me on PayPal?

Can PayPal Here work without a reader? I read a techcrunch article from 2012 that said it was possible but haven't been able to find more information. thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Options
Go to solution
sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor

@reapnleap 

Having a PayPal account is optional these days. People can pay with just a debit or credit card online.

Just create and send a PayPal invoice or PayPal button or email url.

On the PayPal invoice, button, or email url checkout log-in page, there is a grey credit/debit card button for this option. Then customer then fills in their billing address and shipping address (if needed), card info, and email address to receive an email receipt during checkout. 

How do I create and send an invoice?

How do I add a PayPal payment button to my website? 

(You can export PayPal payment button as email url, instead of button code.)

Make sure you have 'PayPal account optional' setting enabled:

Business account: Account Settings > Website Payments > Website Preferences > Update > PayPal account optional

In terms of using PayPal Here without the reader...probably not. Instead, what you're looking for is Virtual Terminal for card-not-present authorization.

Tools for accepting payments via PayPal:

https://www.paypal.com/merchantapps/appcenter/acceptpayments

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solved

Options
Go to solution
sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor

@reapnleap 

Having a PayPal account is optional these days. People can pay with just a debit or credit card online.

Just create and send a PayPal invoice or PayPal button or email url.

On the PayPal invoice, button, or email url checkout log-in page, there is a grey credit/debit card button for this option. Then customer then fills in their billing address and shipping address (if needed), card info, and email address to receive an email receipt during checkout. 

How do I create and send an invoice?

How do I add a PayPal payment button to my website? 

(You can export PayPal payment button as email url, instead of button code.)

Make sure you have 'PayPal account optional' setting enabled:

Business account: Account Settings > Website Payments > Website Preferences > Update > PayPal account optional

In terms of using PayPal Here without the reader...probably not. Instead, what you're looking for is Virtual Terminal for card-not-present authorization.

Tools for accepting payments via PayPal:

https://www.paypal.com/merchantapps/appcenter/acceptpayments

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.