Help with upgrading Paypal integrated payment

tlischko
Contributor
Contributor

I can no longer find the person that designed my website. I am unable to reprogram it for the new Paypal integration. How can I get help with it?

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

tlischko
Contributor
Contributor

I heard from my brother. He can see where it needs fixing (the $ sign) but he told me whithout know how my website was designed and withou knowing what prorgram it was designed with, he is unable to fix it. What else can I do?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

You would need to arrange for someone to decypher the code in order to find how to resolve. 

Login to Me Too

tlischko
Contributor
Contributor

If my brother says he can't do it, since he is a very competent computer programmer, how can I find someone who can? Will my checkout not work at all if I don't change it. He told me the only solution was to design a whole new website. I neither have the time, nor the $$ to do that. The person that designed my website is no longer around.

Login to Me Too

tlischko
Contributor
Contributor

Because of your shopping cart upgrade, my website is no longer functional for online purchasing. I have been searching for months to find someone to resolve my website problem with no avail. Since I have been unable to find someone to resolve my problem, your company has forced me to have a new website designed, which not only is an inconvenience but also causes me to lose money from loss of income and the cost of having it redesigned. When I do get it redesigned, I will no longer be using PayPal as my shopping cart.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

I understand your frustration over this. Honestly, this is not something that would require an entire new site. It just needs a "$" removed from the code is all. 

You can try arrange a coder here: https://www.freelancer.com/ perhaps? 

Login to Me Too

tlischko
Contributor
Contributor

I am working with someone who said he fixed it. Can you please check to see if it works? I had a couple friends try and they don't get the option of checking out with a credit card if they don't have a PayPal account.

www.gatewayquiltsnstuff.com

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Looks good. Checkout is back up and running. 

For the guest checkout option, the naming has changed a little, the Create Account button is shown to a % of users, but users can still pay with just card without creating an account. The option to create acount is actually at the end of the checkout once they complete the payment, and its optional. 

Login to Me Too

tlischko
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.