Help needed setting "individual return URLs" for different Paypal buttons/transactions

levi_mower
New Community Member

Hi,

As someone who is very much a newbie, I am about to ask a very silly question, but help would be appreciated!

On one of the PayPal help pages (i.e. https://developer.paypal.com/docs/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/ProfileAndTools/#tailor...) it talks you through how to override the return URL on individual transactions, in order to auto return to a different URL for each button/type of transaction. 

I have tried using this code on my website, but it just keeps returning to the main URL return page that I have set up in my main account settings, rather than the different URL I am trying to redirect this specific transaction to.  I suspect this is because I am really new to using code and I am just not editing the code correctly. 

So here comes my silly question...In the following piece of code (taken from the above PayPal help page), which bits specifically do I need to change/edit?

Paypal.png

Am I just supposed to change the orange text (i.e. change this to the URL that I want to use)?  And am I supposed to leave the <> brackets in, or edit those out?  And am I supposed to be changing any of the other text in white, green or blue, or just leaving all that as it is?

Thanks for your patience with a newbie!!!

L.

p.s. sorry if this is in the wrong category/board...I am so new to all this that I didn't really understand the category options!  

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.