Guest checkout - frequent errors

Propush

Hello,

I am handling a site for a client. It has paypal integration via J2Store, available here:
https://www.j2store.org/extensions/payment-plugins/paypal-plugin.html

I can show relevant code examples.

This integration works just fine, for any user checking out with a Paypal account.

However, when the users try the guest checkout (i.e. insert credit card details and pay with that, on Paypal), it often doesn't work (but not always!)

I get the currency conversion options window, and after that, in most cases,  I get this error message. It says "This does not seem to be working at the moment. Try again later". This seems to be some sort of default message (url contains "/checkout/genericError?code=DEFAULT"). I would assume this has to do with security, and thats why it lacks any detail. But I am not sure.

Yesterday my first attempt went through, however, 5 following attempts have failed, using 3 different credit cards and also some incognito sessions, and even attempts from my mobile device using 4g ( = different IP).

Does anyone have any experience with this? We do not understand how come some times it does go through and other times not.

I am not sure, which info can help. I will provide any info you guys ask for!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

rohrspatz
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there,

could it be a problem with those mobile devices as written here? I just  debugged it by myself and found out that guest checkout is displayed everytime for PC-browser-agent. Try to switch with firebug into mobile device mode and select mobile device and refresh checkoutpage, you won't see guest checkout anymore, redo the pc-agent version just close firebug mobile mode and you will see guest checkout again without any need for paypal account

Also see this answer

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Payments-Standard/Guest-checkout-not-working-on-Mobile-on...

```

Unfortunately, Guest payment checkout(i.e payment via credit/debit) is not applicable for evey user. It's important to remember that guest checkout is not guaranteed for every transaction. PayPal runs a risk check to determine eligibility for guest checkout. There will be times when guest checkout is not available.

This is intended behavior. Customer/buyer need to create PayPal account to process the payment.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
Chiranjeevi

PayPal, Inc.

```

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.