Guest checkout disappeared - Customers FORCED to create paypal account

luke_10_10
Contributor
Contributor

I created a subscription button, which should allow for guest checkout (just using a debit card, NOT a paypal account).

But, usually, when viewing the paypal checkout page, it FORCES the customer to log in or create a paypal account to pay.

It seems random. A few times when I access the link myself it presents "Checkout as Guest" but MOST times it says "Make an Account". How can we fix this? Do I have to use Stripe instead?

Most times it syas "Create an account" instead of letting them check out as guest or say "checkout with debit/credit card only".

And yes, I did enable checkout without a paypal account. Paypal is just not honoring that choice.create.PNG

Moreover, whenever I ask anything on the paypal message center, I get: "I'm sorry, but no Customer Support Agents are available at the moment. Please try again later or browse the PayPal Help Centre for answers to frequently asked questions."

This is the only place I can ask. Hopefully paypal responds

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

luke_10_10
Contributor
Contributor

Instead, it should be showing something like this:

PayPal-ClickAlgo-Checkout-Guest.png

PayPal-guest-checkout-screen.png

Login to Me Too

Gabriel_PP

Hi @luke_10_10 

Thanks for contacting PayPal,

Have you tried this link, to verify if your PayPal Account Optional feature is enabled?  (login to your PayPal account): https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customerprofileweb?cmd=_profile-website-payments

If the issue persists,

Would you mind opening a ticket to our Merchant Technical Support: https://www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US

This way, we could have a look at your integration and verify your profile settings together. I will try to pick up the ticket myself.

Thanks,

Login to Me Too

luke_10_10
Contributor
Contributor

There's no option to make a ticket. Only the chat support (obviously, as always, no reply for months)

paypal.PNG

Login to Me Too

Gabriel_PP

Hi @luke_10_10 

Apologies for the delay,

Could you click on the Contat Us Button at the bottom, please?

Thanks,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.