Guest Checkout with Express Checkout API not working

wishinfo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

We implemented Express Checkout NVP in our client website. We also implemented there parallel payment. So when user pay from website then there are two receivers of total payment. 

Now my problem is, whenver we submit to pay PayPal not allowing to pay without paypal account. I did following things

- SOLUTIONTYPE=SOLE

- LANDINGPAGE=Billing

- In merchant account : 'PayPal Account Optional' set to 'On'

Every customers do not have paypal account. So I want to implement so customer can pay either through Credit Card (without paypal account) OR with PayPal account.

Please help me.

Thanks in Advance

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Andre

Hi, for standard products like ExpressCheckout the card option is offered where available, it could be that some parameter in the whole checkout environment (buyer country, device used etc..) don't show this option. In this case always pass the variables like in your post LANDINGPAGE and SOLUTIONTYPE to be sure to show this option where available.

If you want to show the card option you can check PayPal PRO or Braintree (a PayPal company) that are designed to accept card payments and account payments for each checkout. PayPal PRO as is available only in Uk, Us and Canada. For Braintree you can check directly with them if they have a solution for the guest checkout in your country.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
add USERSELECTEDFUNDINGSOURCE=CreditCard and see if that helps.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

vencedor
New Community Member

Seen here: https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-accept-credit-cards-with-express-checkout-using...

Where it says: Browser cookies determine Checkout view

So ... based on that I've just opened New private window in my browser, because there are no cookies saved there, and it happens, after 2 hours of reading, testing... The Credit Card payment was shown during PayPal ExpressCheckout. So maybe you have the same problem, PayPal reads your browsers cookies, and never show the option to you, because it knows you have paypal account.

And unfortunately there is no workaround to delete the cookie for you customers. So basically there will be no "pay with card" option for PayPal ever logged in users, even they are on someone else's computer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.