Guest Checkout on mobile devices

imageperfect
New Community Member

Hi, After setting up an online shop for a client through weekly and checking my own big cartel shop I have noticed the guest check out does not appear on any of the mobile phones we have tested the checkout with. Desktop and iPads are fine. I did notice that on my mobile phone if I change the settings to desktop and the checkout reloads the guest check out option appears. Is there a fix to this? I have made sure my account is up to date and verified.

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Just curious and I'm sure I don't have an answer here but, is website scaling correctly for your phone - seems if you have a make a setting change on your phone to view the guest checkout option something may not be configured right for you site to be mobile device friendly.   Have you tested your site with Google's tester for example, that may provide some hints.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Andre

Hi, PayPal HTML Standard Buttons and ExpressCheckout offer the card payment where available while then you would need a product designed to accept card payments for each checkout.

PayPal Hosted Solution is designed to accept card payments but available only in some countries, you can check this link:
https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/products/website-payments-pro-hosted-solution/?mark=hosted sole solution#how-to-get-started

Also Braintree, a PayPal company, could have a solution for your country, you can check this link:
https://www.braintreepayments.com/country-selection

Login to Me Too

-SuB-
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

im struggeling with this this also! 

Did you solve this ? 

Thx in advance.

Login to Me Too

FreshPax
New Community Member

I'm completely staggered that paypal can't answer this question about their own product. 

Login to Me Too

Roppo
Same issue. E-comm website built through Squarespace. Stripe wasn’t a viable option as the business is based in the Channel Islands (Stripe not available) so have connected PayPal using the built-in API. Guest checkout is no problem on desktop/laptop but non-existent via the mobile user journey. Really poor for conversions - need to find a solution as we’re going to see a lot of abandoned carts (we had 1 customer reach out expressing they didn’t want to create a PayPal account in order to purchase- this was within hours of launching).
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.