Going Live with PayPal for the first time

mike-h
New Community Member

Hi. I'm wanting to take my PayPal application live, but having not done this before I'm not sure how to proceed. Have set up test account (sandbox) and made some test transactions. I've created a REST / API app (which I assume has been verified). What happens next? Can I use the same credentials linked to my test account or are there some new settings I need to apply? Do I need to set webhooks? As a shop owner, how do I get notified about transactions?

I've looked through the PayPal site for this information but cannot find a definitive answer amongst the screeds of (sometimes conflicting?) information so a stratightforwward checklist or tutorial would be great!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Log in to https://developer.paypal.com and go into My Apps & Credentials.  Scroll down to the REST section and click into your app.  Once there, at the top, right you'll see this:

paypal-rest-sandbox-live.png

When you switch back and forth between Sandbox and Live you'll see different values for your Client and Secret keys.  So in your app/website you just need to make sure you're using the proper keys for the endpoint that you're using (sandbox vs. live.)

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.