Experiencing excessive customer drop off during the Paypal Checkout process

Just4GSD
Contributor
Contributor

We are experiencing excessive customer drop off during the Paypal Checkout process, is there a way to figure out where the issue is and how to fix this?

In the last 3 weeks we have had 89 people checkout using Paypal but only 18 of them completed the purchase. This seems very excessive and makes me think something is going wrong with the Paypal process. When we test using our private Paypal account it seems to work fine. Anyone else experiencing this?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

chuckz1487
New Community Member

Hey I am having the same issue... This is what I posted on reddit for advice

Good afternoon,

I own a services business and schedule people through software that uses PayPal as the payment processor. I have not had problems in the past but recently I am having a lot of clients telling me they are unable to schedule bc paypal gives them an error and tells them they need to create an account.

The first screen you see when my scheduler takes one to paypal is the following. Client or user would select Pay with Debit or Credit Card. However i feel like it used to say "Continue as Guest". Ever since it switched to "Pay with Debit or Credit Card", I have been having this trouble.

Once you select Pay with Debit/Credit, it take you to this screen which needs your information but at the button requires you to create an account.

This is where my clients are getting stuck... anyone know whatsup?

Login to Me Too

Noboots
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem on a regular basis.  I have been assuming the buyer is not seeing the option to checkout without a Paypal account - those that call to complain, order by phone, so all good.   It's those that don't call that worries me....goodness knows how many orders we have lost over the past few years.   Can someone at Paypal advise please????

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.