Elusive "edit your existing PayPal buttons" is again AWOL?

RodJr
Contributor
Contributor

I have an older website. Looking to upgrade, but Time/Money all that.
I still use PayPal buttons/ easy checkout.

Looking to edit existing buttons, but it looks like the only options that I now have are to create "new and improved" buttons, but do not have the link to "show/view saved buttons" for my account.

Am I the only one still having this issue?  I follow the below... Get lost after manage... because the second screenshot is all that I have options for.

I can't click on a link that doesn't exist!?

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 1.54.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 1.37.48 PM.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

not_here

So here's what I've learned. Unfortunately, because the account is a personal account there is no ability to "edit" the older buttons, you only have the ability to create new buttons. If you were to upgrade your account to a business account you should be able to edit those buttons. 

Apologize that this may be a challenge, but I don't believe there's a workaround to editing outside of this. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

not_here

Here's a link to the page, https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_button-management (Make sure you're logged in when clicking on that link).

It'd definitely be my suggestion to migrate older buttons to the newest integration method (Smart Payment Buttons from the screenshot) to ensure that you have access to the latest features. 

Let me know if that URL doesn't work. 

Christina 

Login to Me Too

RodJr
Contributor
Contributor

Sooo Close... 
Except it's just the create a new button page for me, not a list of my old buttons.

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 2.29.42 PM.png

Login to Me Too

RodJr
Contributor
Contributor

I was hoping a link like that would work... But the PayPal site is getting too smart for that.

Login to Me Too
Solved

not_here

So here's what I've learned. Unfortunately, because the account is a personal account there is no ability to "edit" the older buttons, you only have the ability to create new buttons. If you were to upgrade your account to a business account you should be able to edit those buttons. 

Apologize that this may be a challenge, but I don't believe there's a workaround to editing outside of this. 

Login to Me Too

RodJr
Contributor
Contributor

I was afraid of that.

Thank you for your research! 

At least now this thread is available to others that may stumble upon the same thing.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.