Echecks & IPN

swebdesign
Contributor
Contributor

We have been having complaints from our clients that the echecks are not being entered properly into our application, so I am taked with looking into this.

I cannot find much help on the echecks, nor can I get a test throught he sandbox to go into the 'pending' status that seems to be causing the issues for echecks? How do I test that?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

If you create a new sandbox buyer account, and during the process make sure to disable the addition of a credit card on this new buyer account.   Also make sure the balance of the account is zero.  Then when you submit payments with this account it will be sent as an e-check and you'll see the pending payment status.  Then when it clears you'll get another IPN with the completed status so that you could update your system accordingly.

Another option would be to use the IPN Simulator available in https://developer.paypal.com.  It has simulations for sending echeck - pending, echeck - completed, and echeck-failed.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.