Don't know how to use paypal payments standard (html form) on live paypal tested on sendbox?

Lucky9
New Community Member

Don't know how to use paypal payments standard (html form) on live paypal tested successfully on sendbox. I mean don't know where to add my website to paypal or where to put my client id or secret key into my code. Please guide me.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

You don't add your web site to PayPal - in a nut shell - assuming you have used the button creator - start in your live account, not the Sandbox.  There several ways you can get to the online button creater.

There's at least three ways to get to the same place, here's one.
(Assuming you have a US Business account.)

* Login to your PayPal account.
* Click on the "Gear icon (Profile)" top right of screen.
* Click on "Profile and settings".
* In the box - left side of screen.
* Click on "My selling tools".
* Under "Selling online".
* Look for "PayPal button".
* Click on "Update".
* Look for "Create new button".

Here's another:

* Login to your account.
* On the top menu, click on "Tools"
* Then click on "All Tools"
* Scroll down - look for "PayPal Buttons".
* Click anywhere in that box.
* On the next page you should see all of the available buttons you can make.
* Click on your choice.

And last.

There's a link on the Sitemap.
* Login to your account.
* On the top menu, click on "More".
* Next, click on "Sitemap".
* Look for "Tools", under Tools you will see "Manage PayPal Buttons".

You should be good to go from there.  

Basically, you genetate the type of code you need - Buy Now, Add to Cart, etc.   You can save the code to the PayPal servers which is recommended and this option is turned on by default.   So you select the type of button, complete the details can create the button, on the next screen, you can see the code - just copy and paste the code to your web site or page.   All of the info you need is in that code and the important variables are secure as that info is stored on the PayPal servers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.