Does Paypal charge if you set them up as your eBay automatic payment method?

len_joseph
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

New eBay seller here. On eBay website it is stated that "If you use PayPal as your automatic payment method to pay your monthly eBay invoice, PayPal may charge a fee depending on the funding source on your PayPal account.", so my question is do they actually charge you a fee to pay monthly eBay invoice, because if so I'd rather change the payment method so I don't have to pay the additional charge by Paypal?

Thanks in advance!

Jo

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@len_joseph 

I don't see in the links you provided where it says that PayPal will charge fees for paying eBay invoice. However, since your PayPal account is based in the UK, there may be currency exchange and conversion fees.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

len_joseph
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thanks for your reply. It was quoted from this link https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/fees-using-paypal?id=4123

It says "may charge", not "will", hence my question. My account is based in the UK, all my transactions are in GBP and I use Paypal balance as the preferred funding source.

Thanks.

Jo

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.