Disable funding by credit in Smart Buttons

Dan-BTP
Contributor
Contributor

I have added Smart Buttons to my payment page. I would like to only have the standard PayPal button. I'd like to not display the PayPal Credit button and the button for debit/credit cards. Is this possible?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Hi @Dan-BTP ,

I am happy to hear that your able achieve your requirement.

Yes, you can prevent the "Credit or debit cards" by passing the option "card" as provided in the integration document.

Screenshot_20200527-192540.jpg

Thank you for understanding and patience.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal, Inc.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Hi @Dan-BTP,

Thank you for contacting PayPal community.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Yes, you can able to disable unwanted funding source.

Based on your specific configuration and a buyer's location and cookies, Checkout dynamically presents the appropriate funding sources to give your buyers more ways to pay. The buttons that display are decided automatically, based on a range of factors, including:

• Buyer country
• Device type
• Funding sources the buyer has opted to see.

As a result, each buyer might see a unique combination of buttons. To prevent certain funding source buttons from displaying, see Disable Funding(https://developer.paypal.com/docs/checkout/reference/customize-sdk/#disable-funding)

I request to please contact your website developer to follow the below guide links to disable the unwanted funding source during PayPal checkout.

PayPal guide links to disable unwanted funding source : 

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/checkout/reference/customize-sdk/#disable-funding
https://developer.paypal.com/docs/checkout/integration-features/customize-button/?mark=funding%20sou...

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal, Inc.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Dan-BTP
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your helpful reply. I added "&disable-funding=credit" to the end of the src property of the script statement. Now instead of three buttons, I have two, which is better. I have the PayPal button and a button that says "Debit or Credit Card". When I click the latter button ("Debit or Credit Card"), nothing happens. It freezes the screen. Nothing from PayPal pops up like it does with the PayPal button.

If it matters, all of this is in test mode in the sandbox.

Is there a way to remove the "Debit or Credit Card" button also?

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Hi @Dan-BTP ,

I am happy to hear that your able achieve your requirement.

Yes, you can prevent the "Credit or debit cards" by passing the option "card" as provided in the integration document.

Screenshot_20200527-192540.jpg

Thank you for understanding and patience.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal, Inc.

Login to Me Too

Dan-BTP
Contributor
Contributor

That worked. Thanks very much!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.