Development process for buy now button

simonwilbert
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have a buy now button which will have a transaction value of around £1000 GBP.  I need to customize its behaviour:

• Pass a custom variable through to checkout so they appear on the transaction to the seller
  • Redirect the user back to a specific page on the seller's website.

So I am struggling to find 1 clear article on the workflow to develop a button, customise it, test it and release it to production.

I have a production PayPal seller account, a test merchant and test buyer sandbox account.

Question:

1 - Should I generate the button in the test merchant, then simply change the domain of form action from "www.sandbox.paypal" to "www.paypal" when I'm happy button is good?

2 - Should I generate the button in my real production account, and change it's form action from "www.paypal" to "www.sandbox.paypal"?
     I tried (2), but when clicking on the button I get "Error Detected... PayPal cannot process this transaction because of a problem with the seller's website. Please contact the seller directly to resolve this problem."

3 - So can I move the button from the test merchant account to my real account, or do I have to recreate the test button in my real account and copy in any customisations I need?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.