Customers accessing a link via tiktok bio get a white screen when clicking pay by paypal

tiktokmerch
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, 

I have a website selling products and customers accessing the website link via tiktok bio are taken to the site using tiktok's internal browser. They're presented with a white screen when clicking "pay by paypal" instead of being redirected to the paypal payment process. I use paypal checkout plugin on a woocommerce site which opens in a popup usually. I'm presuming tiktok are blocking the popup windows but customers were ordering last week through tiktok so i'm curious if this is temporary and if there's any way on paypal side i can possibly make it open in the same window? 99% of our customers are using the link via tiktok. 

Any help/advice appreciated.

Thanks! 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

tiktokmerch
Contributor
Contributor

Just a follow-up, this is also happening on Instagram. Both were fine last week. 

Login to Me Too

WhatADragUK
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem here. Would love a resolution ASAP as this is harming sales.
Login to Me Too

shoot_to
Contributor
Contributor

having this problem as well.  seems kinda important

Login to Me Too

Tinyknotco
New Community Member
Having the same issue harming sales in a big way. Any resolution?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @Tinyknotco. Sorry to hear about the difficulty you've had with your customers going through TikTok to place an order. In addition to asking @tiktokmerch, a good place to check for more information on how to address this situation would be https://developer.paypal.com/home.

By the way, to make sure someone sees a post you've added here, it's a good idea to tag them with @(username).

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael
PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.