Custom shopping cart logo?

DazzlingDave
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

I have been able to customize the final check out page of my website with my logo, and colors. But during the buying process, the customer adds items to the cart. The cart is just a blank page with the paypal logo, and the items the customer is buying. It looks like it would be a great place to have the header logo across the top of the screen to give the customer a seemless feel of buying from my website.

But after a couple of hours of searching and tying things, I have not been able to figure out how to implement the logo on the shopping cart page. Is it possible?

I have a business account, with verified address, bank, phone number, etc.

Am I missing something?

If you need more information I would be happy to provide it.

Thanks

Dave

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PayPal got rid of the Custom payment pages settings in seller preferences, however, you can use the image_url variable in step 3 of the button generator for shopping cart buttons.  Tick the Add Advanced Variable box and in the Add Advanced Variable field, enter:

image_url=The URL of the 150x50-pixel image displayed as your logo in the upper left corner of the PayPal checkout pages. 

Ex:

image_url=https://www.mylogo.com/logo.jpg

URL to the logo you want to use has to be on a secure server i.e. the URL has to start with "https"

Default setting is — Your business name, if you have a PayPal Business account, or your email address, if you have PayPal Premier or Personal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DazzlingDave
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Sharpiemarker

Thanks for your reply to my problem.

I have taken the steps you have outlined for me, but I am not having any luck.

I am surprised the logo has to be 150 x 50, as that is very small....I wanted it to be my masthead logo (750 x 90)

But since it was not working to place it on the shopping cart page, I have created a small option of just my name logo in a ssl page here:

https://static.e-junkie.com/sslpic/173438.1eca809b060b740787aed6c99747c331.jpg

I then went to ONE of my buttons. (I have over 40 buttons on my sales page)

To only that one button, I made the change in the advanced variable box:

image_url=https://static.e-junkie.com/sslpic/173438.1eca809b060b740787aed6c99747c331.jpg

But nothing appears to change in the shopping cart. It is just a blank cart without ANY name or logo at the top.

NOTE: It DOES change the checkout page, but I want the shopping cart page to show my logo or say my business name.

Let me know what you think, and again.....Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dave

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Take this link for example:

https://www.paypal-knowledge.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=FAQ1543&expand=true&locale=en_US

If you can find "Custom payment pages" settings in your selling tools, follow the steps in the link.

I cannot find it in my business account or my personal account so good luck to you finding it.  

Also try refreshing the browser when you try the advanced variable method and land on the shopping cart page. Could be a cookies issue.  If that don't work, I'm stumped.  

PayPal is updating the site a lot these days porting features over from the old site so features are buggy or gets dropped.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DazzlingDave
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Sharpiemarker.

Thanks again for your help. I appreciate the time you have put into this......but I am still having no luck or success.

I did not find the "Custom payment pages" in the set up, (like you mentioned it is just gone) but I do know it has moved to the "My Saved Buttons" page. (over on the right hand column in related items)

I had found that a couple of days ago when I started this whole process, and I did customize my checkout pages following the proper steps......but again, it is not updating the shopping cart page, just the final checkout page.

Refreshing the browser did not work, I had done that when trying to make this work yesterday, and no changes. (I think it gets refreashed often anyway, as a customer updates or adds something to the cart it seems to always refreash.)

I am hoping it is some kind of bug or mistake that Paypal is working on! It just seems odd when a customer is buying something, and it sends them to a shopping cart page with no logo along the top. (see below) Sure it has paypal on the right and bottom, but I have seen a lot of email/shopping scam pages......and it just does not feel right.

Screen Shot.jpg

Here is the final checkout page to show how the logo works and looks on the final page. Here, as a shopper, I would feel more comfortable, as it has the website logo.

Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 6.11.17 AM.png

I have a feeling my customers would be more comforatable and trusting to buy from my store if my logo was consistant along the top of ALL of the pages.

I understand you may not be able to help any longer. You have given me the same steps that I thought would work as well.

If you do think of anything, or if you can file a ticket with paypal to have them check the problem, let me know what I can do.

Thank you.

Dave

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I think the problem may be that your are trying to use your masthead buisness name as your business logo.  A business logo will more likely be close to a rectangle design, not a masthead design.  I took that with my approach to our own logo rather than business name; I designed a logo that I could use in multiple locations; it is in addition to the business name design.  I can then add the logo with (TM) to business cards or other art.  It supplements the business name.  Look at what other businesses use for logo, such as AAA, ASI, ATRA.  Some will use a shortened business name with an included art design.  There are a lot of options to create a separate logo to supplement your business name.

Login to Me Too

DazzlingDave
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks DPCreations for taking a look and adding some input.

I do not think it is due to using the large (750 x 90) masthead design, as I have made a small version with just my name (150 x 50), and it had the same results of showing up on the checkout page, but not on the shopping cart page. So I switched back to having just the masthead.

Here is the small version

ddpaypal.jpg

EDIT: I just went to my "customize your payment page", and changed it to the small logo......and it did not fix the problem. Still not showing any logo on the shopping cart page!

At this point I am trying anything to make it work. (although I feel like quitting for a week, and see if it is just something with Paypal and not my mistake!)

Let me know if you see there is something wrong with my set up.

Thanks for your time.

Dave

Login to Me Too

Fishkit
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Dave

We have the same problems, used to be there now gone AWOL.

Have you had any luck solving it?

Chris

Login to Me Too

DazzlingDave
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Chris. (and all others having this problem!)

No, I was not able to fix the issue. No matter what size or type of image I would upload, it only shows up on the final checkout page, not the shopping cart page.

I am hoping it is a glitch that has arisen during the PayPal updates, and it will come back?

I put way too many hours into making it work, and having no luck is frustrating!

Good luck, and please post back to this thread if you do figure out a solution.

Dave

Login to Me Too

imorton
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am also having the same issue, and hoping it is a PayPal bug.

For the money they charge on each transaction, we should at least be able to have our logo show up on the SHOPPING CART PAGE along with the logo showing on the final checkout page.

Hopefully someone will find a solution. IAN.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.