Credit Card processing for your account has not yet been activated by PayPal

Neiltang
New Community Member

When I connect paypal to wordpress, it always show this 

Credit Card processing for your account has not yet been activated by PayPal. If your account is new, this can take some days. Otherwise, please get in contact with PayPal.

Why, How to solve

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

miggon
Contributor
Contributor

I am also facing the same issue. i have messaged PayPal, waiting for their response.

Login to Me Too

karima90
New Community Member

i have the same problem how can i contacting paypal

Login to Me Too

Tugra
New Community Member

Hi guys,

Anyone knows how to fix this on woocommerce side?

I have the same issue.

I cant see the configuration in Paypal card processing as shared here on woocommerce page:

https://woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-paypal-payments/#paypal-card-processing

What I can only see is that "Credit Card processing for your account has not yet been activated by PayPal" message as shown in below screenshot:

tmp.JPG

Login to Me Too

RabbitRoar
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.  Did anyone come up with a solution?  

paypay_credit_processing_error.png

Login to Me Too

Crashtest007
Contributor
Contributor

So 15 people have this problem posted back in 2021 and Paypal can't give an Answer in Aug 2022

Credit Card processing for your account has not yet been activated by PayPal

Login to Me Too

RabbitRoar
Contributor
Contributor

Hello CrashTest007,

I was meaning to follow up with this.  Once I took the site out of testing mode and my website went live, it was fine.  The irony is that you cannot test it in the sandbox, as you should be able to.  That is the whole point, right?  I have been able to process credit card payments in real time, since my website went live.  Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Crashtest007
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks RabbitRoar !

I had a sneaking suspicion it may have been that. I'm happy you posted your reply as I was going to phone PayPal today to find out why I couldn't process credit cards in Sandbox. It sort of works, as it accepts the details but then you get the error in Admin saying: Credit Card processing for your account has not yet been activated by PayPal

Do you know whether it affects the ORDER process also? Because the payment can go through but the Order stays "On Hold" yest I have set the payments to "Instant".  Don't want to be going into the website on every order and marking it "Processing" that's just plain stupid!

I guess I'm Testing Live - 🤞

I see the ONLY Sandbox testing that goes on to work is the PayPal payment ??? hmmm 🙄

Thank you,

Wayne

Login to Me Too

RabbitRoar
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know whether it affects the order process.  I just do the plain stupid thing and manually mark it "Processing."  

People who do want to accept payments online through Paypal should be aware that they reserve the right to put the money on hold for 21 days.  This was the explanation I got.

Money from sales is being withheld because:

• You’re new to PayPal, or we have limited history on your selling activity with this account.

To get your money sooner, please complete ALL of the below actions:

• Process an additional 10 transaction(s)
  • Receive an additional $200.00 USD in sales
  • Have an account in good standing for 60 days
  • Confirm your mobile phone number

Any payments received will be held for up to 21 days. If there are no issues with your orders, the money held will be automatically released after 21 days.

Hence, in my experience, the credit cards have been processed, but I won't be able to access the money until I fulfill the above criteria. I am just proceeding in good faith.

It is annoying that you can only test the Paypal payments and not the credit card payments in the Sandbox.  

Best Wishes,

Rabbit Roar

Login to Me Too

Bally-dfqc
New Community Member

Hello, I have contact PayPal Agent. They have replied as showed below. I am wondering whether PayPal Agent is correct or not. 

"Your account is ready to receive payments. You may send invoices or you may use your registered email address to receive payments. I can assure you that your account is free of any restrictions that would prevent you on receiving funds to the account.

Thank you for contacting PayPal. You may close the conversation by selecting End Message or by clicking the "X" icon located at the top right part of the screen."
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.