Continue Shopping Link

YouRauk2021
New Community Member

Hi...
Trying to find out how to change the hyperlink in a Shopping Cart.  When I click on the CONTINUE SHOPPING link, it sends me to my main INDEX page of my website, when I actually want it to go to the page where I'm selling my items.  Help!

-jay-

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

veecee2020
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you BobMac21, it worked! In my case, I have about 20 buttons. For each button, I added the info you suggested in

"Step 3: Customize advanced features," at the bottom of the page, in the "Advanced Variables" text box.

In my case, I added the text: 

shopping_url=https://bodyproppillows.com/order/

Usually, for my Wordpress site, I would copy the code (the "Email" code) from PayPal, then take it back to the image of the button on my website, and add the code link to it. BUT I noticed I didn't have to update the code link, since (evidently) the code for the button didn't change (even though the instructions within the button did change).

I learned this because, while I was going through my buttons, I made a change to the title of one of them, and in that case I DID have to relink the code to the website button, since the name of the button was changed. But if the only change was adding the shopping url, then I didn't have to do anything else (except test to make sure it worked). I hope this makes sense. 

THANK you to everyone on this string who helped with this question. 

Login to Me Too

dragon-fire
Contributor
Contributor

I figured out a workaround on this which involved having both an index.html page and a nearly duplicate Home.html page for the site which uses paypal for alumni dues payments. The only difference between the two pages is that the landing page (index.html) has this code at the end of the <head> section:

<script ="javascript" type="text/javascript">
var url = 'https://www.[websiteURL]/[Paypal-Payment-Page].html';   // you need to know where you want to redirect to beforehand
if (window.history.length > 2)
{
window.location.href = url;
}
</script>

With this code, the page that you want to return to is the Paypal-Payment-Page url.
The code checks the history of the site access, and if one has already visited the index URL (which is always the default landing page for the website URL), one is redirected from the index URL back to the PayPal payment page URL.
Once on the site, set any return to the home page to the Home URL instead of the index URL.
Hope that makes sense.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.