Clients getting 'access denied' notice when checking out.

mycapi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I wanted to see what this notification mean. Some clients are having issues paying through PayPal because of this. How do I go about fixing this? Thanks in advance!unnamed.jpg

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

fruitbaterik
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same issue...some customers getting the "access denied" message when trying to check out, not all, just some and it will work if the customer tries several times every now and then. PayPal listened, pretended to take the issue on board and then came back a few days later to tell me it's the "customers" problem with their ISP's firewall. Funny, not funny, how I have customers from all over the world complaining about the same thing and the common denominator is PayPal only!!! Thanks for the no help PayPal. Good luck getting this fixed because I don't think PayPal really gives a rats about it. Time to look at another payment method after using PayPal for the last 15 years.

Login to Me Too

mycapi
Contributor
Contributor

That's really irritating since I've been encouraging clients to pay through PayPal so it's cashless. Which is such a convenience during a pandemic. I'm hoping PayPal can step it up and address this issue. I haven't had any luck getting a hold of support which is why I've asked through the community. 

Login to Me Too

fruitbaterik
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using PayPal to receive payments from my website since 2009, mostly without issue. When PayPal does nothing to help, it's more than irritating, it's very poor service. I managed to contact PayPal via email, you should be able to as well by logging into your account and going to "help", not that they have actually helped in this case!  PayPal needs to understand that there are a lot more payment methods than PayPal now, like Google Pay, Apple Pay and so on, not to mention using a merchant account with a bank (which is what I will be doing very soon). PayPal also doesn't seem to monitor the forum to see what its customers are complaining about otherwise they would have taken this issue on board by now. Good luck, I hope you get a resolution soon.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.