Checkout as Guest Option Turned on, but option not available to customers. (PayPal Standard)

adrweb
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using PayPal standard plugin.

I have turned on the "PayPal Account Optional:" in my account, but whenever I test my checkout, only the PayPal login is available and not the Checkout as guest option.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

xXxOlivierxXx
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do. Paypal only enables this option for users connecting from certain countries. For instance, if paypal detects that your IP address is from United States, then it will enable Guest Checkout, and for other countries it will be disabled.

What I did to workaround this was to create an account in 2checkout and then installed the "WooCommerce 2Checkout Payment Gateway Free" plugin on my wordpress store. 2Checkout allows my users to pay either with a paypal account or directly with their debit/credit card, regardless of their country of residence.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

You don't need to use a different payment gateway. 2Checkout will just add an unnecessary piece to the puzzle.

The reason 2Checkout works better is because it uses Express Checkout instead of PayPal Standard. That will solve the problem as I've mentioned previously.

Are you using WooCommerce?  If so, just install PayPal for WooCommerce and configure Express Checkout with Smart Buttons enabled.  Problem solved.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

xXxOlivierxXx
Contributor
Contributor

No, that won't work. And I say it from experience since I have tried pretty much every payment gateway available for wordpress.

If you insist, connect to a VPN using a server located in Central America (Costa Rica for instance) and then try to make a payment. You won't see the guest checkout option.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

I've got a little experience with PayPal integration as well.  You are correct that Guest Checkout is not available for all transactions, but I have not had any reports of issues with Central America.  It could be a combination of the buyer and seller countries.  

In your SetExpressCheckout request, did you specifically set the following?

• LANDINGPAGE=Billing
  • SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole
  • USERSELECTEDFUNDINGSOURCE=CreditCard

Also, what about LOCALECODE?  Are you using that at all?

My VPN service doesn't give me a connection in Central America, unfortunately, so I can't test it specifically.

This could indeed be one of the combinations where Guest Checkout wouldn't be available, but I'd definitely want to check the above before making that claim.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

TomatoPotato

Is this fr setting up guest checkout from my site or guest checkout with paypal site? We are trying to figure out how to allow buyers to pay with paypal, by credit or debit card, without having to create a Paypal account. Creating an account or profile with the seller is not the issue.

Login to Me Too

TomatoPotato

So what happened? We're they able to change the settings to allow you to accept credit card payments without buyers creating a Paypal account?

Login to Me Too

TomatoPotato

Did you receive any news?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.