Checkout (Classic API) does not support currency Indonesian Rupee (IDR)

raymondobroon
New Community Member

Hi,

Before I go into details I need to inform that this query is not to do with my personal PayPal account but rather the business I work for.

My company is developing a website which allows users to select a document and pay using PayPal via the checkout process using the classic API.  One of the countries the site will provide a service to is Indonesia.  One of the variables we pass over to the API is 'currency_code'.  When we try to use 'IDR' for Indonesian Rupee we receive an error message.  Normally what would happen is the 'PayPal Login/Pay by Credit/Debit Card' page would appear then the next screen would be pre-populated with the details from the document including the document value including the currency.

Having checked through the API documentation shown here https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/currency-codes/#paypal we can see that currency is not supported.

This is a big problem for us as we are currently in testing and this has only just been discovered.

Is there any way we can force the payment screen to include the currency in Indonesian Rupees?

A prompt response would be greatly appreciated given the scale of the problem we face.

Many Thanks,

Ray

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.