Changes to Paypal buttons, GET method, TLS 1.2.......

pixiesusan
New Community Member

I don't even know where to post this. I'm completely and utterly lost. I spent over an hour on this forum trying to figure out where to POST this question and I'm sure I'm in the wrong spot.

I have a website that has a bunch of Paypal buttons (some are a few years old but still active, not sure if that makes any difference). I know Paypal is making changes to protocols that have something to do with security.  I don't understand any of this.  I think I need to have my website on a server that is TLS 1.2 compliant. I need to continue using the GET method - I have no idea what that even is!  

I make a product, get a Buy Now Paypal button and put it on the website.  Is that GET method?

I don't even know what IPN Verification Postback to HTTPS is?  Does that mean my site needs to be https?

Again I'm just so lost I feel like I need a degree in computer science to stick a Paypal button on my site.  Is there somewhere I can have this explained to me in English that I can actually understand?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong location or if I sound desperate (I am). But the information that Paypal sent to me via email does not make a bit of sense to me.

Thank you,

Susan

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.