Change of Account Owner - invalidated all Paypal Buttons!

jsm98
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal recently processed a change of account owner for our organizations paypal account.

That change invalidated every payment button we had embedded in websites.      The payment buttons appeared to work, items were added to carts as usual, but when you actually went to Pay as a Guest or sign into your paypal account, the buyer would get a message about the Merchant having problems.

To remedy the situation, I had to go make a small change to each paypal button, save the button, and re-generate the code and update the websites that used those payment buttons.

That seems like a terrible bug and something that Paypal should know/understand.   It wasn't until 24-48 hours where someone reached out to us to tell us they couldn't pay anymore that we knew there was a problem.       I know the account ownership change was processed during the time window after we last were able to receive a payment, so I'm guessing that was what invalidated everything.

Is this a known issue?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.