Change email address and effect on WooCommerce payments and refunds

CozyCuddles
Contributor
Contributor

My current email address is being phased out and replaced with another email address (e.g., email1 changing to email2) (the reasons too numerous to explain).  Anyway, my questions are...

1) Can I just setup a secondary email address in my PayPal account, and then switch it with the Primary eventually (I think that's what I'm seeing)

2) My WooCommerce Payments is already setup to use PayPal Standard as an option with the email1 id as the "PayPal email" address, and the "Receiver email".  Can these be changed without affecting anything in the PayPal Standard setup?

3) I also see a "Live API username", password and signature field.  Will these need to change as well?

Anyone ever done this?  Any thoughts?  Any recommendations?  Any "avoid this like the plague" ideas?

I know I could just start over with a new PayPal account and run through the whole setup one more time, but since this is a live eCommerce site (albeit a small one), I'd rather not disturb anything that I don't have to.

Thanks in advance!!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.