Card Declined for EVERYONE but only on Guest Checkout

BigBidz
New Community Member

Hi there, I hope someone can help as so far PayPal support has been useless.

I recently setup a webshop using WooCommerce and used their PayPal Standard plugin. We tried a few transactions using PayPal accounts and those went through fine. It was only once someone tried to checkout as a guest we realised there was a problem as EVERYONE got the Card Declined message.

Fairly certain this is an account issue as when I tried other plugins, it gave the same error. However when I used a different merchant account, it worked first time.

There are no errors in the WooCommerce log and they have confirmed nothing is going wrong their end. But can't get to anyone at PayPal who will listen.

All the best,

BigBidz

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

dianem
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, did you resolve this? I'm having the same problem. It's driving me mad trying to find the solution. Thanks

Login to Me Too

Meiske
New Community Member

Hello. I have exactly the same problem: PayPal itself declines all live payments on "Guest Checkout", while charging a fee of $1 for each attempt. My team tried various PayPal integration methods and nothing helped. Customer service and technical support are absolutely useless, they could not help in any way and listed only trivial and publicly available facts that my programmer and I already knew and which could not resolve the issue in any way. I’ve been trying to find a way out of this situation for almost a month now and I’m losing my customers every day, and I’m thinking of finding another payment service for my online store. This issue really frustrated me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.